Here are 6 key questions you should ask your sales people early and often:
- Have you identified a clear CRITICAL BUSINESS ISSUE driving the need to act?
- Have you developed a clear vision of a SOLUTION in the mind of your prospect? With that, can you establish a clear advantage over your competition?
- Have you PROVEN to the satisfaction of your prospect that you can provide the capabilities that make up the solution?
- Have you gained access to POWER and other members of the buyer’s decision making team?
- Does the buyer have a clear sense of the VALUE the solution brings? Does the VALUE meet their ROI requirements?
- Have you and the buyer agreed on a clear ACTION PLAN defining the steps leading to a buying decision?
If you are not satisfied with all of the answers then that opportunity is at risk, and I would recommend helping that sales person take the appropriate action(s) to rectify the problem. There are two possible outcomes:
- If your seller is successful then you will have an opportunity that is back on track.
- If your seller is not successful, do the math! In all likelihood you and your sales person should disqualify the opportunity.