Selling Complex Solutions
Buying Committees Choose the Sales Rep Who Was First to Add Value and Insight
Why “Selling Complex Solutions”?
The MHI Sales Best Practices Study found that salespeople engaged in B2B selling must now sell to buying committees with an average of 5.8 buyers. They also found that sellers are confronted with an environment of “rising buyer expectations,” where buyers look to sellers who can provide them with insight. This is a key characteristic of today’s complex sale
The complex sale is also characterized by lengthy sales cycles requiring many steps, involves the sale of multiple products and services, a large price tag, and may require integration of partners.
Providing Insight is Key
In this type of sale, the seller must provide buyers with insight. In fact, in his article, The Evolving Journey of the B2B Buyer, Christopher Ryan reported that, “74% of buyers choose the sales rep that was first to add value and insight.”
Sales Execution Skills
To win the complex sale and provide differentiating insight, this workshop focuses on the follow key skill areas:
- Identify High Probability Opportunities, responsible buyers and the critical business issues those buyers face.
- Initiate the opportunities through proven prospecting/lead generation activities.
- Pursue by developing the complex needs of all key buyers involved.
- With the needs of the buyers defined, how to build an Impact Tree™ and then when and how to use it at key junctures of the sales cycle.
- Qualify the buyers to ensure you have reached the right buyers and have gained access to buyers “Above the Power Line”.
- Learn how to define, manage, qualify, and control the sales cycle.
The management component focuses on the following five areas:
- Assessment of the opportunity to determine if you can win. Assessment addresses critical qualification questions, including alignment of your solutions with buyer needs, qualification of the opportunity, competitive assessment, and whether the buyer’s decision-making processes favor you or not.
- Identifying the roles of key buyers, their preference (or lack of) toward you and your solutions, and identification of the means to improve their preference toward you.
- Determination of the Strategy and approach you should follow to improve your probability of winning.
- Identification of the Tactical Actions the sales team should take to execute your strategy.
- How to manage resources throughout the sell cycle so that the right people are available to assist the sales person when needed.
The Instructor and Instructor’s assistant lead discussions, demonstrate skills, set up sales simulation practice exercises, monitor simulations, debriefs simulations and provides detailed feedback to individuals.
- Entry-level or experienced sales professionals who sell in a solutions-oriented sales environment.
- Sales Managers
- Sales support personnel who work closely with sellers in a sales team environment.
Increase in Product Sales
Improvement in Performance Metrics
Increase in Pipelines